Monday, July 29, 2024

Introducing: Present Harmony

When I started my 60T🖤60 Project, I gave myself the goal to hold the book I was writing in my hands on my 60th birthday. My daughter then encouraged me to release some of the pressure by commiting to holding my first draft in my hands rather than what I felt was the perfectly finished book.

In 2019 when I started my Revive55 Project, I thought I might write a book about preserving memories, but what I realized was that I was as passionate about chasing dreams as about memories. I wondered whether to have two separate books. My tagline on my website and my newsletters was "chasing dreams...capturing memories". 

What I found was that in the present, we travel back in time to remember happy moments from the past and travel forward in time to plan future memories we’ll want to capture. Although the moments were in the past, the act of remembering happens in the present. Although we dream of the future, the act of dreaming happens now. The present is when and where the magic happens. When our future dreams become reality, they will happen in the present. Our future will become our present.

Present was my word of the year in 2022 and Harmony was my word of the year for 2023 and 2024. I loved putting them together for my book title. We find harmony in the present moment by looking back at our best moments in the past and dreaming of ideal moments in the future. This balancing of looking back and looking forward brings peace and harmony as we live our lives in a way that values our most meaningful dreams and memories. 

The chapters cover the following topics:

  1. Knowing ourselves. Who we were; who we are and who we intend to be.
  2. Understanding what and why we remember certain things and not others.
  3. Envisioning our dreams and how to make them happen.
  4. The power of serendipity, synchronicity, the law of attraction and manifestation.
  5. The highlights and what I learned about memories during my Revive55 Project.
  6. The importance of creating space and the struggle with letting go.
  7. Reviving our most meaningful and treasured memories.
  8. Connecting moments that weave together to become more meaningful.
  9. Embracing technology as a mindset for memory keeping.
  10. The importance of focusing on the present.
  11. My focus during my 60T🖤60 Project.

I share my journey and what I have learned over the years of researching, teaching and writing about memories, chasing dreams and the importance of the present moment. My hope is that something will resonate with those who read it; and it will inspire them to balance past memories and future dreams to achieve present harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment